Monday, October 19, 2009

When Can We Become Lawbreakers?

As a follow-up to the last post concerning the episode of Grey's Anatomy, I preached a sermon last night centered around Romans chapter thirteen. I posed the question "When Can We Become Lawbreakers?" We looked at how the authorities were established by God and how we are to be in subjection to their rules. However, I told them when a moral conflict arises, God trumps government. This became of particular interest to me when I began hearing the possibility of HR1913 being signed into law by our President. This will more than likely pave the way for a hate speech bill that would put preachers in a legal bind. If this happens, God help us to take our stand on what the Bible says. As Peter and the apostles said in Acts 5:29, "we must obey God rather than men." If you want to listen to the sermon, check it out in my sermon links to the left.

2 comments:

Jeremy Schopper said...

It's really is frightening that there is actually a possibility that we could be facing this. Pray, Pray, Pray!!! Trust in the Lord to see us all through.

Jeremy
jeremyschopper.blogspot.com

Casey McDonald said...

for some reason I cannot open the links to your sermons. is there something i'm missing?