Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I made a boo-boo!

Have you ever had to admit that you made a mistake? I want everyone to know that I'm in the middle of posting my sermon from Sunday night which was delivered at the Four Mile Hill Church of Christ in Searcy, AR. I made a reference to the group singing a hymn from Acts 20:7, and I did this off the top of my head while I was preaching. It was not in my notes, and sometimes I have a bad habit of making reference to a verse like this when it hits me in the middle of a sermon.

I was actually thinking of Jesus and the disciples singing a hymn after the institution of the Lord's Supper, which was in Mt. 26:30. They had finished the supper and were proceeding to the Mount of Olives en route to the Garden of Gethsemane. Maybe I will learn to stop doing this in my preaching. I wanted to make sure I corrected myself, or someone else would if they listened to the sermon. Yes, I made a boo-boo!

No comments: