Thursday, October 15, 2009

Marcy Jo's Mealhouse

I am going to take this time to plug a great restaurant for everyone in the middle Tennessee area: Marcy Jo's Mealhouse! It is located in Pottsville, which sits at the intersection of highway 99 and highway 431 (between Columbia and Chapel Hill). If you have not munched on some tasty morsels at the mealhouse, now is the time!

Today is Thursday, and our senior adult group from the West 7th Church of Christ just returned from our lunch at Marcy Jo's. Envision with me the tasty plates of food that were set before us: pork chops covered in a mushroom gravy, corn, green beans with onions, homemade buttery mashed potatoes and cornbread (that's what was on my plate, anyway). Most everyone in our group chowed down on the special of the day, except for one who enjoyed the cheeseburger and fries. Since my lunch, I have discovered that they have homemade sweet potato fries. Let's just say I will be back to try those in the not-so-distant future! Did I mention I had homemade Coca-Cola chocolate cake with a side of vanilla ice-cream? I didn't need it, but boy I sure wanted it! It will knock your socks off, so be prepared.

Some of you have seen the Overstock.com commercials with Joey and Rory, and as you might know Joey is co-owner with Marcy. I hope you'll take time to check out their website at
http://web.mac.com/rlfeek/Joey+Rory_site/Marcy_Jos.html
Take the short drive over to Marcy Jo's to experience some of that great, down-home cooking. Your taste buds will be glad you did!

No comments: