Monday, October 26, 2009

Check out this concoction!

Click on the link to my sermon from Sunday night to hear it: The Problematic Potion of Envy & a Wicked Woman. No, Lola-Margaret, it's not about you. I preached this lesson to show you what can happen when you mix together the bad ingredients of envy and wickedness. We see in the Scriptures what happens to Ahab and Jezebel for what they had done to Naboth.

As I started my sermon, I relayed a dream that I had when I was in preschool/daycare in Portland, TN. This was probably 26 or 27 years ago, mind you. Darrell Rogers (who probably has no recollection of this whatsoever) had brought a toy machine gun one day, and I really wanted that thing. I wanted it so much that I dreamed that night about going over to his house and taking it. I pointed out to the crowd last night that even though it was enacted through a dream, it was still envy.

Let us learn from these biblical lessons to keep us from the wrath of God!

No comments: