Saturday, August 22, 2009

Booneville Senior Adult Rally

Today I travelled with some of our senior adults to Booneville, Mississippi as the church there hosted their annual senior adult rally. The Booneville congregation is such a warm and loving bunch, and they cook a fine meal for lunch on this special day. I want to say thank you to Jim Estes and his crew who worked hard to make this day a success. Lance Foster, who preaches in Iuka, MS, was the speaker for the day. He did a tremendous job speaking on the theme "Older Should Mean Wiser." It was nice to be with the Fosters, with whom I found out I had several connections. It's truly a small world!

Special thanks also to Greg Pollock. I was able to sit down and chat with him, which I had never really had a chance to do before. It's always great to connect with some preacher friends and share some stories. He is doing a wonderful job preaching for the Booneville congregation.

I look forward to our senior adult rally September 26 with James Watkins, and I hope to see you there!

No comments: