Thursday, September 24, 2009

I've Come to Expect That!

Have you ever driven through a parking lot only to have some crazy driver come flying across in front of you? I can tell you that I have had this happen to me in Maury County on multiple occasions. I've had it happen at Wal-Mart, Fred's and who knows where else over the years. People don't pay attention to what they're doing. I think these circumstances cause me to become a very defensive driver.

No, that's not all I encounter when I'm traveling in Columbia. I have drivers all the time think they have the right of way to turn left at a green light when I'm opposite them at the same green light turning right. It's the craziest thing I've ever seen. Who taught these people how to drive? I know that I did not learn to drive like that. Are people that ignorant of the rules of the road or are they just inattentive?

The next time you come to Maury County, make sure you bring your second set of eyes. The driving is crazy down here at times. I've come to expect that!

No comments: