Monday, September 28, 2009

The Bridge Report

Several of you are aware of our worhsip service on Sunday night at the Bridge, one of our local assisted living homes here in Columbia. Last night was a total shock to me, because there were 48 people in attendance. The record crowd had been 37, but last night blew that right out of the water! I give God the credit for so many good people wanting to sing and hear a message from His Word.

For those interested, I have posted the audio sermon of last night's lesson. We looked at the story of the Philippian jailer, examining one of the great cases of conversion from Acts 16:25-34. I must say if you listen to the sermon, don't be surprised when you hear people clapping when I started. There was a tremendous crowd, and they were excited by that. I am uncomfortable with people clapping when I am speaking, but given the circumstances I let them be enthusiastic about it. You've got to remember, about 2/3 of our group are not members of the church! I hope and pray that the crowd continues to increase, because there are many people in attendance who can be reached with the gospel in its simplicity.

Please pray for this effort, as God will give the increase in this area of ministry to senior adults!

No comments: