Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Santa's Loot

I recently posted some pictures to my Facebook account showing the before and after photos of the playroom at our house. Before our big cleanup day, it was a wreck. It looked like Santa's workshop had exploded. After the cleanup, it was nice and clean, and hopefully it will stay that way. A friend of mine named Kay Kay Sharp wondered if it was a messy playroom or Santa's loot!

That makes me pose a question: how many others children wind up after Christmas with way too much in their possession. My mother-in-law said they're only little once; however, my theory is there should be a limit to how many toys that Mr. C can bring at this time of year. I keep having to clean up our house and take boxes and bags of toys to the basement because we have too many messes to clean up otherwise. Just to prove my point, I've posted some pictures of the before and after views. Tell me what you think.

For a better look at the pics, go to my account on facebook. You can view them in a larger size there. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Bobbie2272 said...

Children today have way too many toys. There is no promotion of imagination today. If it doesn’t have batteries then you can't possibly play with it. I saw my granddaughter squeeze the ear, hand, foot and belly of a teddy bear and come to the conclusion that it must be broke because it did not do anything. It is really sad because our children today are missing out on the very best years of there life’s. They have no idea how to go out and "PLAY". What happened to the kids that used to play in the woods or get a ball game going with the other kids in the neighborhood? What about hide in seek or hop scotch? It is a sad time indeed.

That's my opinion.

Jeremy T. Butt said...

I agree. Whatever happened to the days of playing "Mumbly Peg" and other games where we used our imaginations and actually played outdoors. Not that I don't want my children playing with some of the toys we have today, but I am one who will make sure to enjoy some of the good ole' games of the past!