Wednesday, December 10, 2008

'Preciate It!

I think all of us remember the story Jesus told of the ten lepers who were healed, only to have one come back and express appreciation (Lk. 17:11-19. He speaks of the others who did not come back to give God the glory in contrast to this one Samaritan who truly appreciated what was done for him. At this time of year, I can't help but make an analogy.

With Christmas being a time of year that we give and receive gifts, it is very easy to "depreciate the 'preciation." What I mean by that is sometimes we can forget to say thank you. I have to admit, I am not good at thank you's in general. When it comes to writing thank you notes, I am probably one of the worst ever. It's not that I'm ungrateful, but I do forget to express it like I should. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to write thank you cards for all of your Christmas presents. What I am saying is that we need to be very mindful of what we receive as gifts every day of our lives. Make sure to express your appreciation to those who have blessed you with something.

Who knows, when you say 'preciate it, you may even hear a 'preciate the 'preciation in return!

No comments: