Monday, March 1, 2010

Preaching Without Notes?

I just returned from a most excellent presentation delivered by Steven Guy and Marlin Connelly on the art of preaching without notes. Veterans of the pulpit, these helpful tactics of preparation and presentation made me realize this was the best preachers' luncheon I had ever attended. I appreciate these godly men for what they do in His kingdom, but also for what they delivered to us today. God help us to be as effective as possible when we deliver the Word of God every Sunday.
I also wanted you to note the latest sermon addition from Matthew 5:33-37 where Jesus talks about making oaths. I hope you'll take a listen and give me some feedback. To swear or not to swear; that is the question.
By the way, Brother Guy and Brother Connelly have challenged me to attempt this Sunday's preaching without notes, and I've only done it one other time. Pray for me!

No comments: