Monday, January 18, 2010

New Sermon Series

Last night at the Bridge, I kicked off a sermon series centered around the Sermon on the Mount from Matthew chapters 5-7. What better place to start than where Jesus started with the Beatitudes. I must admit that I had never preached on this passage of Scripture until last night. I was hesitant about how to deal with it, but I decided to tackle all of the Beatitudes at once.

While this was not my typical sermon style, I think this went over very well. It will serve as a kickstart to the rest of Jesus' words in this noted sermon. I challenged the audience last night to think about their present attitudes. If their attitudes do not match up with what Jesus said we need to be, now is the time to make the change. Are you being these attitudes?

Next week the sermon will deal with Christians being the salt of the earth and the light of the world. Stay tuned!

No comments: