Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Role Confusion

Imagine the following scenario. You walk into a house where you see a family of four. Mom is on the couch playing video games; Dad is out back playing in the dirt; Sister is at the table balancing the checkbook; Brother is in the kitchen cooking dinner. The roles in this particular house are mixed up, aren't they? These individuals would be suffering from role confusion. I know this is a made-up scenario, but did you know things like this can happen in the church?

I've posted my latest sermon, The Structure of the Church, where I discuss specifically the roles of elders, deacons and preachers. Give it a listen if you get a chance. I think you might agree that role confusion in the church is more prevalent than many people think. I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: